What is Elm?
Who uses Elm?
Why developers like Elm?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Elm in their tech stack.
Elm Is pretty freakin rad. Not only is it's type system hugely helpful, but the framework backing the language is fantastic.
React is awesome, but is just a view library, when we need to manage state, there is Redux.js. The ecosystem of redux is big, complex and hard to integrate. That's why we choose to create hydux. Hydux is simple, the main idea is from Elm, a pure functional vdom-based framework for front-end. We seperate the whole app with state, actions and views. Which means not only our views are a tree, but also our state and actions. Reuse state and actions are just like reuse react components, no need to consider dependences.
Frontend application Elm
- Typesafe frontend coding
- Easy refactoring (make the changes and fix the compilation errors)
- Quick (re)compilation (v0.19)
- Automatic recompilation in development using npm + webpack
- Production output is small and fast
- Built-in architecture (The Elm Architecture: Model View Update)