What is LiveKit?
It is a free, open source infrastructure for building and scaling real-time audio and video experiences in your applications. Use our APIs to easily build audio-only spaces, live classrooms, in-game video chat, collaborative screen sharing, and more.
LiveKit is a tool in the Communications SDK category of a tech stack.
LiveKit is an open source tool with GitHub stars and GitHub forks. Here’s a link to LiveKit's open source repository on GitHub
- SDKs on all major platforms:JS,React,Swift,Kotlin andGo. React Native, Flutter and Unity/C# coming soon
- Built-in JWT-based authorization and RBAC within rooms. Moderation APIs for fine-grained control over a room‘s participants
- Robust connectivity across various network conditions. Smooth switching between cellular and WiFi networks
- Easily deploy instances and run on any cloud provider. Helm chart included for those usingKubernetes
- No WebRTC protocol-level knowledge required. Skip having to mess with peer connections or ICE, STUN and TURN
- Apache-licensed, open source software. Customize or extend LiveKit‘s server, client SDKs or drop-in components
LiveKit Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to LiveKit?
See all alternatives
Agora.io provides building blocks for you to add real-time voice and video communications through a simple and powerful SDK. You can integrate the Agora SDK to enable real-time communications in your own application quickly.
It adds the clarity and emotion of face-to-face communication to your brand whether you're developing for the web, iOS, or Android. We make the integration of high-quality live video a breeze so that you can focus on building a great product.
Twilio API for WhatsApp
The Twilio API for WhatsApp provides developers all over the world with a simple, reliable, and officially supported way to use the WhatsApp Business API. They can now easily build messaging experiences that combine the ease of use of the Programmable SMS API with the global reach of WhatsApp.
Use the Messaging API to build bots that provide personalized experiences for your users on LINE. You associate your bot with a channel on the LINE Platform. The bot works behind the LINE Official Account that is generated when you create the channel if you operate the account in bot mode.
No related comparisons found