11ty vs Hexo: What are the differences?
11ty and Hexo can be primarily classified as "Static Site Generators" tools.
Some of the features offered by 11ty are:
- uses independent template engines
- works with your project’s existing directory structure
- works with multiple template languages
On the other hand, Hexo provides the following key features:
- Blazing Fast - Node.js brings you incredible generating speed. Hundreds of files take only seconds to build.
- Markdown Support - All features of GitHub Flavored Markdown are supported. You can even use most Octopress plugins in Hexo.
- One-Command Deployment - You only need one command to deploy your site to GitHub Pages, Heroku or other sites.
Hexo is an open source tool with 27.1K GitHub stars and 3.6K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Hexo's open source repository on GitHub.
What is 11ty?
What is Hexo?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose 11ty?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using 11ty?
What are the cons of using Hexo?
What companies use 11ty?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with 11ty?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Content for blog posts and pages is written in markdown format, using Emacs. Hexo generates the site using my own customised theme. The site is then deployed to Github pages
To build my site blog. I also created a tag plugin for Hexo that enables you to embed Deezer objects in your page.