11ty vs Hexo: What are the differences?
11ty and Hexo can be primarily classified as "Static Site Generators" tools.
Some of the features offered by 11ty are:
- uses independent template engines
- works with your project’s existing directory structure
- works with multiple template languages
On the other hand, Hexo provides the following key features:
- Blazing Fast - Node.js brings you incredible generating speed. Hundreds of files take only seconds to build.
- Markdown Support - All features of GitHub Flavored Markdown are supported. You can even use most Octopress plugins in Hexo.
- One-Command Deployment - You only need one command to deploy your site to GitHub Pages, Heroku or other sites.
Hexo is an open source tool with 27.1K GitHub stars and 3.6K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Hexo's open source repository on GitHub.