AppThwack vs Selendroid: What are the differences?
AppThwack: Test your app on 100s of real Android and iOS devices in the cloud. Test on 300+ unique, non-rooted phones and tablets in our state-of-the-art device lab. This is the exact same hardware and software you'll face in the wild, available 24/7 and 100% automated; Selendroid: Test automation for native or hybrid Android apps and the mobile web. Selendroid is a test automation framework which drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid applications (apps) and the mobile web. Tests are written using the Selenium 2 client API.
AppThwack and Selendroid can be primarily classified as "Mobile Test Automation" tools.
Some of the features offered by AppThwack are:
- Support for all popular automation frameworks (Appium, Espresso, JUnit, OCUnit, etc)
- Built-in compatibility testing
- Detailed, actionable reports
On the other hand, Selendroid provides the following key features:
- Full compatibility with the JSON Wire Protocol/Selenium 3 Ready.
- No modification of app under test required in order to automate it
- Testing the mobile web using built in Android driver webview app
Selendroid is an open source tool with 765 GitHub stars and 442 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Selendroid's open source repository on GitHub.