AWS Device Farm vs Firebase: What are the differences?
Developers describe AWS Device Farm as "Test your app on real devices in the AWS Cloud". Run tests across a large selection of physical devices in parallel from various manufacturers with varying hardware, OS versions and form factors. On the other hand, Firebase is detailed as "The Realtime App Platform". Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
AWS Device Farm and Firebase are primarily classified as "Load and Performance Testing" and "Realtime Backend / API" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by AWS Device Farm are:
- Test on the same devices your customers use
- Fix issues faster and delight your users
- Simulate real-world environments
On the other hand, Firebase provides the following key features:
- Add the Firebase library to your app and get access to a shared data structure. Any changes made to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
- Firebase apps can be written entirely with client-side code, update in real-time out-of-the-box, interoperate well with existing services, scale automatically, and provide strong data security.
- Data Accessibility- Data is stored as JSON in Firebase. Every piece of data has its own URL which can be used in Firebase's client libraries and as a REST endpoint. These URLs can also be entered into a browser to view the data and watch it update in real-time.
Instacart, 9GAG, and Twitch are some of the popular companies that use Firebase, whereas AWS Device Farm is used by Getaway GmbH, StaffConnect, and Unscriptd. Firebase has a broader approval, being mentioned in 859 company stacks & 997 developers stacks; compared to AWS Device Farm, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS Device Farm?
What is Firebase?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions