biicode vs bitHound: What are the differences?
biicode: C/C++ dependencies manager with a hosting service. For C/C++ developers that think a dependency manager is needed, biicode is a multiplatform tool and hosting service that allows you to build your projects easily, integrate third party code and reuse code among projects with just #includes; bitHound: Continuous analysis for Node.js projects. Identify risks and priorities in your dependencies and code. With faster deployment cycles, a hundred competing priorities and tight deadlines to juggle– your team has a lot on their plate. Uncover and focus on the critical issues impacting your team, avoid software pitfalls and ship with confidence.
biicode belongs to "C / C++ Build Tools" category of the tech stack, while bitHound can be primarily classified under "Code Review".
Some of the features offered by biicode are:
- Fit C/C++ source code from biicode just by writting appropiate #includes (yours and others)
- Manage dependencies at file level
- Share and publish to biicode with one command
On the other hand, bitHound provides the following key features:
- Do you know when your third party dependencies are at risk? bitHound gives you insight into the insecure, deprecated, outdated and unused packages impacting your software.
- We analyze your code to help your team determine where focus is needed. Understand the mechanical issues impacting your codebase, reduce complexity and clutter, and gain insights that go beyond the command line with bitHound.
- Whether it's formal issue management or the team's pending tech debt, it's important to get on top of these issues. bitHound offers an improved understanding of how the team is performing together and whether or not items are being left behind.
"To set-up my C or C++ projects in a blink of an eye" is the primary reason why developers consider biicode over the competitors, whereas "Automatic dependency analysis" was stated as the key factor in picking bitHound.