BitPay vs Stripe: What are the differences?
What is BitPay? Bitcoin payments, deposited to your bank account. Once received, BitPay converts the bitcoin to your preferred currency and adds the full amount of the payment – without fees – to your next BitPay account settlement. Funds are then deposited to your bank account or bitcoin address.
What is Stripe? Payments for developers. Stripe makes it easy for developers to accept credit cards on the web.
BitPay can be classified as a tool in the "Bitcoin Services" category, while Stripe is grouped under "Payment Services".
Some of the features offered by BitPay are:
- Direct Bank Deposit
- Cryptographically Secure API
- Custom Transaction Speed Setting Options
On the other hand, Stripe provides the following key features:
- Full-stack payments- You don’t need a merchant account or gateway. Stripe handles everything, including storing cards, subscriptions, and direct payouts to your bank account. Stripe.js lets you build your own payment forms while still avoiding PCI requirements.
- An API that gets out of your way- It’s so easy, we’ve embedded a bunch of examples right here. Copy some of these requests into your terminal and check out what happens. With wrappers in Ruby, PHP, Python and more, you can get started in minutes.
- Pricing like it should be- 2.9% + 30 cents per successful charge. No setup fees, no monthly fees, no card storage fees, no hidden costs: you only get charged when you earn money.
reddit, Instacart, and Lyft are some of the popular companies that use Stripe, whereas BitPay is used by FastMail, SHOUTca.st, and Foretag. Stripe has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1622 company stacks & 520 developers stacks; compared to BitPay, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is BitPay?
What is Stripe?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions