Bonsai vs Found Elasticsearch: What are the differences?
Developers describe Bonsai as "Fast, reliable full-text search, managed for you by experts". Your customers expect fast, near-magical results from your search. Help them find what they’re looking for with Bonsai Elasticsearch. Our fully managed Elasticsearch solution makes it easy to create, manage, and test your app's search. On the other hand, Found Elasticsearch is detailed as "Hosted Elasticsearch". Create your own fully managed and hosted Elasticsearch cluster. You get a dedicated cluster with reserved memory, giving you predictable performance. There are no arbitrary limits on how many indexes or documents you can store. Scale your clusters as and when needed, without any downtime.
Bonsai and Found Elasticsearch belong to "Search as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Bonsai are:
- The Open Source Advantage- Our service is proudly powered by Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, the open source industry standard for fast full-text search.
- Results in Real-Time- Search your site's activity as it happens, with Elasticsearch's cutting-edge real-time updates
- High Availability by default
On the other hand, Found Elasticsearch provides the following key features:
- Hosted and managed: You get your own fully hosted and managed Elasticsearch cluster. No need to host and maintain your own costly search infrastructure.
- Reserved Memory and storage: Your clusters get reserved memory and storage. No shared clusters and no arbitrary limits on how many indexes or documents you can store.
- Scalable and flexible: Start small, grow big. You can scale your cluster as and when needed, without any downtime. There are several Elasticsearch versions to choose from, and upgrading is easier than ever.
What is Bonsai?
What is Found Elasticsearch?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Bonsai?
Why do developers choose Found Elasticsearch?
What are the cons of using Bonsai?
What are the cons of using Found Elasticsearch?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Found Elasticsearch?
We use found.no to host our elasticsearch index for ninya.io.
When we were looking for an elasticsearch provider we compared a couple of different services. One thing that we considered as a big advantage over other elasticsearch provider is the simple pricing. Most other elasticsearch provider use document limits whereas found.no uses storage quota which makes more sense to us.
found.no supports all elasticsearch features and has been very reliable for us. They also have an amazing customer support that helped us to resole issues (on our end) quickly when we didn't know how to help ourselves.
Getting started with found.no was a piece of cake. There's everything you need right at your dashboard. They even generate examples for exactly your account which is really helpful to get newcomers started.
For everything else there is great documentation right on there website. I'd also like to recommend their blog that is full of technical articles not necessarily scoped to their service but also elasticsearch in general.
We used Bonsai happily for 2 years, great service, but then they forced us to upgrade or we'd have to pay 5x the price! VERY unhappy about that. caused us days of unnecessary work.