Cacti vs Splunk Cloud: What are the differences?
What is Cacti? Cacti stores all of the necessary information to create graphs and populate them with data in a MySQL database. Cacti is a complete network graphing solution designed to harness the power of RRDTool's data storage and graphing functionality. Cacti provides a fast poller, advanced graph templating, multiple data acquisition methods, and user management features out of the box.
What is Splunk Cloud? Easy and fast way to analyze valuable machine data with the convenience of software as a service (SaaS). If you're looking for all the benefits of Splunk® Enterprise with all the benefits of software-as-a-service, then look no further. Splunk Cloud is backed by a 100% uptime SLA, scales to over 10TB/day, and offers a highly secure environment.
Cacti belongs to "Monitoring Tools" category of the tech stack, while Splunk Cloud can be primarily classified under "Log Management".
Some of the features offered by Cacti are:
- Unlimited number of graph items can be defined for each graph optionally utilizing CDEFs or data sources from within cacti.
- Automatic grouping of GPRINT graph items to AREA, STACK, and LINE[1-3] to allow for quick re-sequencing of graph items.
- Auto-Padding support to make sure graph legend text lines up.
On the other hand, Splunk Cloud provides the following key features:
- Splunk Cloud delivers all the features of award-winning Splunk® Enterprise, as a cloud-based service. The platform provides access to various apps and enables centralized visibility across cloud, hybrid and on-premises environments
- Instant: Instant trial and instant conversion from POC to production
- Secure: Completed SOC2 Type 2 Attestation*. Dedicated cloud environments for each customer
"Free" is the top reason why over 2 developers like Cacti, while over 3 developers mention "More powerful & Integrates with on-prem & off-prem" as the leading cause for choosing Splunk Cloud.
Splunk, All Events in City, and SendHub are some of the popular companies that use Splunk Cloud, whereas Cacti is used by Webedia, Cosmote, and Dek-D. Splunk Cloud has a broader approval, being mentioned in 10 company stacks & 5 developers stacks; compared to Cacti, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Cacti?
What is Splunk Cloud?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions