Checkout vs Payment Rails: What are the differences?
Developers describe Checkout as "Unleash innovation with connected payments". Adapt, innovate and thrive with more value from every transaction flowing through your business. You deserve more than plain old payments. Our super-connected technology makes them seamless and so much more. Get faster, more reliable transactions. Higher conversions. Unbeatable insight and flexibility. So you can delight your customers and unlock new revenue streams. On the other hand, Payment Rails is detailed as "Simplifying cross-border payouts for online marketplaces, share economy, crowdsourcing, app stores, crowdfunding, and affiliate platforms". It is simplifying cross-border payouts for online marketplaces, share economy, crowdsourcing, affiliate platforms, app stores, and crowdfunding platforms Make payouts to your independent contractors, affiliates and suppliers anywhere in the world in 150+ currencies through our payouts-as-a-service platform. We offer a powerful API or you can use batch files through our dashboard portal.
Recipients have the choice of how they want to receive their funds and in which currency: direct to their own bank account, credit card, prepaid card, cash pick-up, check, paypal + other options..
Checkout and Payment Rails can be primarily classified as "Payments" tools.
Some of the features offered by Checkout are:
- Streamline your payments through one unified API that evolves with you and responds to change as it happens
- Grow anywhere with local acquiring in major markets, 150+ currencies and most popular payment methods
- Get a radically transparent view of your payments data and instant insights you can change your world with
On the other hand, Payment Rails provides the following key features:
- Recipient Widget
- White-label emails confirmation
- Returned payment handling