CloudAMQP vs NSQ: What are the differences?
What is CloudAMQP? RabbitMQ as a Service. Fully managed, highly available RabbitMQ servers and clusters, on all major compute platforms.
What is NSQ? A realtime distributed messaging platform. NSQ is a realtime distributed messaging platform designed to operate at scale, handling billions of messages per day. It promotes distributed and decentralized topologies without single points of failure, enabling fault tolerance and high availability coupled with a reliable message delivery guarantee. See features & guarantees.
CloudAMQP and NSQ belong to "Message Queue" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by CloudAMQP are:
- Support - 24/7 support, via email, chat and phone.
- Real time metrics and alarms - Get notified in advanced when your queues are growing faster than you're consuming them, when you're servers are over loaded etc. and take action before it becomes a problem.
- Auto-healing - Our monitoring systems automatically detects and fixes a lot of problems such as kernel bugs, auto-restarts, RabbitMQ/Erlang version upgrades etc.
On the other hand, NSQ provides the following key features:
- support distributed topologies with no SPOF
- horizontally scalable (no brokers, seamlessly add more nodes to the cluster)
- low-latency push based message delivery (performance)
"Some of the best customer support you'll ever find" is the primary reason why developers consider CloudAMQP over the competitors, whereas "It's in golang" was stated as the key factor in picking NSQ.
NSQ is an open source tool with 15.6K GitHub stars and 2.03K GitHub forks. Here's a link to NSQ's open source repository on GitHub.
Stripe, Docker, and Segment are some of the popular companies that use NSQ, whereas CloudAMQP is used by Travis CI, Guaana, and Apartment List. NSQ has a broader approval, being mentioned in 21 company stacks & 8 developers stacks; compared to CloudAMQP, which is listed in 12 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is CloudAMQP?
What is NSQ?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with NSQ?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions