CloudAMQP vs ZeroMQ: What are the differences?
What is CloudAMQP? RabbitMQ as a Service. Fully managed, highly available RabbitMQ servers and clusters, on all major compute platforms.
What is ZeroMQ? Fast, lightweight messaging library that allows you to design complex communication system without much effort. The 0MQ lightweight messaging kernel is a library which extends the standard socket interfaces with features traditionally provided by specialised messaging middleware products. 0MQ sockets provide an abstraction of asynchronous message queues, multiple messaging patterns, message filtering (subscriptions), seamless access to multiple transport protocols and more.
CloudAMQP and ZeroMQ belong to "Message Queue" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by CloudAMQP are:
- Support - 24/7 support, via email, chat and phone.
- Real time metrics and alarms - Get notified in advanced when your queues are growing faster than you're consuming them, when you're servers are over loaded etc. and take action before it becomes a problem.
- Auto-healing - Our monitoring systems automatically detects and fixes a lot of problems such as kernel bugs, auto-restarts, RabbitMQ/Erlang version upgrades etc.
On the other hand, ZeroMQ provides the following key features:
- Connect your code in any language, on any platform.
- Carries messages across inproc, IPC, TCP, TPIC, multicast.
- Smart patterns like pub-sub, push-pull, and router-dealer.
"Some of the best customer support you'll ever find" is the top reason why over 3 developers like CloudAMQP, while over 17 developers mention "Fast" as the leading cause for choosing ZeroMQ.
ZeroMQ is an open source tool with 5.33K GitHub stars and 1.57K GitHub forks. Here's a link to ZeroMQ's open source repository on GitHub.
Binary.com, GrowSumo, and Runbook are some of the popular companies that use ZeroMQ, whereas CloudAMQP is used by Travis CI, Guaana, and Apartment List. ZeroMQ has a broader approval, being mentioned in 35 company stacks & 12 developers stacks; compared to CloudAMQP, which is listed in 12 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is CloudAMQP?
What is ZeroMQ?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions