CloudBees vs dotCloud: What are the differences?
CloudBees: Enterprise Jenkins and DevOps. Enables organizations to build, test and deploy applications to production, utilizing continuous delivery practices. They are focused solely on Jenkins as a tool for continuous delivery both on-premises and in the cloud; dotCloud: Deploy, manage and scale any web app. Build your ideal application stack by combining powerful cloud services. Experiment for free, then go live and only pay for what you need. dotCloud enables developers and IT organizations to deploy, manage and scale their applications with unprecedented ease and flexibility by assembling and customizing powerful pre-configured stacks and services.
CloudBees and dotCloud can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by CloudBees are:
- Hosted CI/CD as a Service
- Flexible and governed software delivery automation
- Starter Kit
On the other hand, dotCloud provides the following key features:
- Develop faster- Don’t waste time with servers. Just select the services you need, combine them in a stack, and get back to writing code. It’s like playing lego!
- Don't worry about ops- We keep your app running 24/7 with built-in load-balancing, monitoring and failover. Scale in seconds to handle surges in traffic - and only pay for what you need.
- Not just for throw-away apps- Create maintainable, future-proof applications with a service-oriented architecture. Build custom services and network topologies. Need custom support, pricing or SLAs? We do that too.