CloudBees vs octohost: What are the differences?
What is CloudBees? Enterprise Jenkins and DevOps. Enables organizations to build, test and deploy applications to production, utilizing continuous delivery practices. They are focused solely on Jenkins as a tool for continuous delivery both on-premises and in the cloud.
What is octohost? Simple web focused Dockerfile based PaaS server. octohost helps you host any web site by adding a Dockerfile to your app's source repository.
CloudBees and octohost can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by CloudBees are:
- Hosted CI/CD as a Service
- Flexible and governed software delivery automation
- Starter Kit
On the other hand, octohost provides the following key features:
- Uses Dockerfiles rather than Procfiles
- More than 10 languages supported already, and many frameworks
- Support for Amazon, Digital Ocean, Rackspace
octohost is an open source tool with 444 GitHub stars and 32 GitHub forks. Here's a link to octohost's open source repository on GitHub.