Cloudera Enterprise vs Stitch: What are the differences?
Developers describe Cloudera Enterprise as "Enterprise Platform for Big Data". Cloudera Enterprise includes CDH, the world’s most popular open source Hadoop-based platform, as well as advanced system management and data management tools plus dedicated support and community advocacy from our world-class team of Hadoop developers and experts. On the other hand, Stitch is detailed as "All your data. In your data warehouse. In minutes". Stitch is a simple, powerful ETL service built for software developers. Stitch evolved out of RJMetrics, a widely used business intelligence platform. When RJMetrics was acquired by Magento in 2016, Stitch was launched as its own company.
Cloudera Enterprise and Stitch can be categorized as "Big Data as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Cloudera Enterprise are:
- Unified – one integrated system, bringing diverse users and application workloads to one pool of data on common infrastructure
- no data movement required
- Secure – perimeter security, authentication, granular authorization, and data protection
On the other hand, Stitch provides the following key features:
- Connect to your ecosystem of data sources - UI allows you to configure your data pipeline in a way that balances data freshness with cost and production database load
- Replication frequency - Choose full or incremental loads, and determine how often you want them to run - from every minute, to once every 24 hours
- Data selection - Configure exactly what data gets replicated by selecting the tables, fields, collections, and endpoints you want in your warehouse
HousingAnywhere, Kalibrr, and Firecracker are some of the popular companies that use Stitch, whereas Cloudera Enterprise is used by Hammer Lab, JPush, and Jobrapido. Stitch has a broader approval, being mentioned in 22 company stacks & 4 developers stacks; compared to Cloudera Enterprise, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.
What is Cloudera Enterprise?
What is Stitch?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Cloudera Enterprise?
What are the cons of using Cloudera Enterprise?
What are the cons of using Stitch?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Looker , Stitch , Amazon Redshift , dbt
We recently moved our Data Analytics and Business Intelligence tooling to Looker . It's already helping us create a solid process for reusable SQL-based data modeling, with consistent definitions across the entire organizations. Looker allows us to collaboratively build these version-controlled models and push the limits of what we've traditionally been able to accomplish with analytics with a lean team.
For Data Engineering, we're in the process of moving from maintaining our own ETL pipelines on AWS to a managed ELT system on Stitch. We're also evaluating the command line tool, dbt to manage data transformations. Our hope is that Stitch + dbt will streamline the ELT bit, allowing us to focus our energies on analyzing data, rather than managing it.