Cloudinary vs imgix: What are the differences?
Cloudinary: An end-to-end image & video management solution for your web and mobile applications. Cloudinary is a cloud-based service that streamlines websites and mobile applications' entire image and video management needs - uploads, storage, administration, manipulations, and delivery; imgix: Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs.
Cloudinary and imgix can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Cloudinary are:
- Upload images to a cloud-based storage
- Upload video to cloud-based storage
- Automatic backup and revision tracking
On the other hand, imgix provides the following key features:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.
"Easy setup" is the primary reason why developers consider Cloudinary over the competitors, whereas "Image processing on demand" was stated as the key factor in picking imgix.
According to the StackShare community, Cloudinary has a broader approval, being mentioned in 115 company stacks & 39 developers stacks; compared to imgix, which is listed in 55 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Cloudinary?
What is imgix?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions