Coverity Scan vs Go.CD: What are the differences?
Coverity Scan: Find and fix defects in your Java, C/C++ or C# open source project for free. Coverity's implementation of static analysis can follow all the possible paths of execution through source code (including interprocedurally) and find defects and vulnerabilities caused by the conjunction of statements that are not errors independent of each other; Go.CD: Open source continuous delivery tool allows for advanced workflow modeling and dependencies management. GoCD is an open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks. GoCD offers business a first-class build and deployment engine for complete control and visibility.
Coverity Scan and Go.CD are primarily classified as "Code Review" and "Continuous Integration" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Coverity Scan are:
- Test every line of code and potential execution path.
- The root cause of each defect is clearly explained, making it easy to fix bugs
- Integrates with GitHub and Travis CI
On the other hand, Go.CD provides the following key features:
- Model complex workflows with dependency management and parallel execution
- Easy to pass once-built binaries between stages
- Visibility into your end-to-end workflow. Track a change from commit to deploy at a glance
Go.CD is an open source tool with 5.02K GitHub stars and 791 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Go.CD's open source repository on GitHub.