Crazy Egg vs SeeVolution: What are the differences?
Developers describe Crazy Egg as "Visualize where your visitors click". Crazy Egg gives you the competitive advantage to improve your website in a heartbeat without the high costs. On the other hand, SeeVolution is detailed as "Heatmaps & Real-time Analytics All Overlaid on Your Website". SeeVolution’s click heatmaps show you every mouse click (and every touch on a mobile phone or tablet). Whether it’s an image, text, or link you will see exactly what your visitors are interacting with.
Crazy Egg and SeeVolution can be primarily classified as "Heatmap Analytics" tools.
Some of the features offered by Crazy Egg are:
- HEATMAP TOOL- Visually identify the most popular areas of a given page.
- SCROLLMAP TOOL- It helps you to see which parts of your pages are working and which ones are not.
- OVERLAY TOOL- See what Google Analytics is not telling you.
On the other hand, SeeVolution provides the following key features:
- Click Heatmaps- Our Click Heatmaps let you see exactly what is being clicked on, and more importantly what isn't, so you can make informed decisions to optimize your site and maximize conversion.
- Mouse Move Heatmaps- Our Mouse Move Heatmaps will provide you with a clear view of what content your visitors are paying attention to.
- Scroll Heatmaps- Our Scroll Heatmaps show you exactly how far your visitors scroll, allowing you to move and rearrange elements of the page to take advantage of visitor behavior.
What is Crazy Egg?
What is SeeVolution?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose SeeVolution?
What are the cons of using Crazy Egg?
What are the cons of using SeeVolution?
What companies use SeeVolution?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Crazy Egg?
We needed to look more into how user interact with certain pages (scroll, click, move the mouse around) so we had to decide between Crazy Egg and Hotjar . I've used both solution in the past so I was familiar with the features for each, but each one has a unique set of data sets and so it will fit diffrently for each case. At #stackshare we've decided to go with Crazy Egg mainly because of the click maps as we can see where people are clicking on certain elements, buttons and clicks and we can spot bottle necks. A very good feature that Hotjar is missing is also the source of the traffic for the clicks. As there are large diffrences between diurect, organic, social and referral traffic as far as user behaivor.
I've always been passionate about knowing more about how #UX the products that I'm building and have used a bunch of session replay tools in the past, tools like Crazy Egg Hotjar Mixpanel but i am developing affinity for FullStory. I find searching for events to be effective and fast. i live the ability to see when users are frustrated and also skip inactivity, it's pretty intuitive.
I also feel that the creating funnels could be improved (like Mixpanel ) and also give recommendations about using your data tier more efficiently.