Drupal vs HubPress: What are the differences?
What is Drupal? Free, Open, Modular CMS written in PHP. Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
What is HubPress? A web application to build your blog on GitHub. HubPress is a free, open source tool to build your future awesome blog!.
Drupal and HubPress can be primarily classified as "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" tools.
Some of the features offered by Drupal are:
- Categorize with taxonomy, automatically create friendly path urls, create custom lists, associate content with other content on your site, and create smart defaults for content creators
- Manage content with an easy-to-use web interface. Drupal's flexibility handles countless content types including video, text, blog, podcasts, and polls with robust user management, menu handling, real-time statistics and optional revision control.
- Users can be assigned one or more roles, and each role can be set up with fine-grained permissions allowing users view and create only what the administrator permits.
On the other hand, HubPress provides the following key features:
- All you need is a free GitHub account, no server's rent, no subscription.
- Fork the hubpress.io repository, update the config file and it's done, your Blog is ready.
- We integrated Disqus, all you need to start conversations with your readers is a Disqus shortname.
HubPress is an open source tool with 2.85K GitHub stars and 3K GitHub forks. Here's a link to HubPress's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Drupal?
What is HubPress?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose HubPress?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Drupal?
What are the cons of using HubPress?
What companies use HubPress?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I am not a developer, however Drupal provided me with almost all the modules that i needed to create complex, responsive and fast websites with front-end and proper admin interfaces.
Most critical part of Drupal is the compression, caching and other performance details in the core, this makes site perform faster just while we get started.
As the app's CMS and CRM.
It is being used in a headless state and is completely decoupled from the frontend; only serving it's content to the AngularJS framework via a RESTful API.
Built a number of sites and web apps. Rapid development make for happy customers. Crazy development workflows make developers unhappy.
We are specialized in designing, building and running Drupal based web solutions