EasyPost vs Zapier: What are the differences?
EasyPost: Shipping for developers. Add shipping APIs to your application in minutes instead of weeks. Get the best shipping rates by unlocking every major carrier in one simple integration; Zapier: Automate tasks between other online services (services like Salesforce, Basecamp, Gmail, and 400+ more). Zapier is for busy people who know their time is better spent selling, marketing, or coding. Instead of wasting valuable time coming up with complicated systems - you can use Zapier to automate the web services you and your team are already using on a daily basis.
EasyPost can be classified as a tool in the "Shipping" category, while Zapier is grouped under "Web Service Automation".
Some of the features offered by EasyPost are:
- Shipping Rates- Get realtime rates so you never lose money on shipping.
- Address Verification- Ensure that USPS can find an address before buying a shipping label.
- Shipping Labels API- Purchase shipping labels with one API call.
On the other hand, Zapier provides the following key features:
- A Zap is a blueprint for a task you want to do over and over. In words, a Zap looks like this: "When I get a new thing in A, do this other thing in B." The first part is the trigger and the second part is the action. An example is "When I get a new entry from a Wufoo form, create a new lead in Salesforce."
- You can pick what fields from the trigger service should go to the action service and you can use static text and custom fields too. For instance, you might say that the phone number from your Wufoo form should be the work phone of your new Salesforce lead.
- Zapier regularly checks your trigger for new data. When the Zap triggers, Zapier automatically performs your action for you. Continuing with the Wufoo scenario, say you receive five new entries. Zapier takes each one and makes a new lead in Salesforce, customized to the way you specified in your Zap.
What is EasyPost?
What is Zapier?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using EasyPost?
What are the cons of using Zapier?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with EasyPost?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
This is a great API! I made an integration for woocommerce that you can check at shop.wanderlust-webdesign.com/shop/print-usps-fedex-ups-shipping-labels-via-woocommerce/
Hey! I have been using Zapier for a while and I get updates for everything that I do. :D Sports, gmail, and pretty much everything else!
Zapier is used to catch Webhooks from Shopify to do things like customer follow-up, cart abandonment and other cool things.
- Trigger Redmine issues.
- Merge request trigger from Gitlab by webhook.
- Post messages/alerts to Chatwork to dev team.
This service saves so much time integrating different API services and triggering different cloud apps.
Monitoring new customer sales, keeping MailChimp lists up to date with current subscriber information.