Elasticsearch vs Swiftype: What are the differences?
Elasticsearch: Open Source, Distributed, RESTful Search Engine. Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine capable of storing data and searching it in near real time. Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats and Logstash are the Elastic Stack (sometimes called the ELK Stack); Swiftype: Powerful and scalable search for any application or website. Swiftype is the easiest way to add great search to your website or mobile application.
Elasticsearch and Swiftype can be categorized as "Search as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Elasticsearch are:
- Distributed and Highly Available Search Engine.
- Multi Tenant with Multi Types.
- Various set of APIs including RESTful
On the other hand, Swiftype provides the following key features:
- Autocomplete- our search engines come with autocomplete built-in
- Detailed Analytics- Our built-in search analytics give you real-time insight into what your users are looking for.
"Powerful api" is the primary reason why developers consider Elasticsearch over the competitors, whereas "Very easy setup and highly customizable for your search" was stated as the key factor in picking Swiftype.
Elasticsearch is an open source tool with 42.4K GitHub stars and 14.2K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Elasticsearch's open source repository on GitHub.