Netflix Dispatch vs FireHydrant: What are the differences?
What is Netflix Dispatch? Open-source crisis management framework (By Netflix). It manages security incidents by deeply integrating with existing tools used throughout an organization (Slack, GSuite, Jira, etc.,) It is able to leverage the existing familiarity of these tools to provide orchestration instead of introducing another tool.
What is FireHydrant? FireHydrant is a modern incident management tool allowing your SRE team to resolve, learn, and mitigate incidents. FireHydrant is a modern incident management tool allowing your SRE and DevOps team to resolve, learn from, and mitigate incidents in the future.
Netflix Dispatch and FireHydrant can be primarily classified as "Monitoring Aggregation" tools.
Some of the features offered by Netflix Dispatch are:
- Manage incidents
- Integration with existing tools(Slack, GSuite, Jira, etc.,)
- Sending out notifications
On the other hand, FireHydrant provides the following key features:
- Incident Response - Streamline incident response with repeatable process, automated response, and one-click postmortems.
- Service Catalog - Keep track of applications across all of your environments as your organization scales.
- Change Log - Identify breaking changes faster and spend more time mitigating.
Netflix Dispatch is an open source tool with 1.08K GitHub stars and 60 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Netflix Dispatch's open source repository on GitHub.