Firesize vs imgix: What are the differences?
What is Firesize? On the fly image resizing. No code required. Built-in CDN. Firesize is a hosted image processing proxy. It's focused on doing one thing fast: resizing and cropping images on demand. It's a simple url based API allows you to quickly generate images on demand.
What is imgix? Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs.
Firesize and imgix can be categorized as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Firesize are:
- Processing options specified via URL
- URL signing (for security)
- Process images from anywhere (no uploading to Firesize required)
On the other hand, imgix provides the following key features:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.
Firesize is an open source tool with 92 GitHub stars and 40 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Firesize's open source repository on GitHub.