Framer vs InVision: What are the differences?
Framer belongs to "Mobile Prototyping & Interaction Design Tools" category of the tech stack, while InVision can be primarily classified under "Interactive Mockups".
Some of the features offered by Framer are:
- Generate assets out of Photoshop to set up new projects.
- Animate any layer in 3D space with spring physics and bezier curves.
- Hardware accelerated for high frame rates, based on CSS transforms.
On the other hand, InVision provides the following key features:
- Quickly link up your UX sketches, digital wireframes and even high-fidelity designs to share with your team.
- Send out a link to load your project in a browser, present it in-person, or sms your project direct to a mobile device for an instant touchable demo.
- Threaded comments connect to a specific point on-screen and double up as to-dos.
"Great for prototyping" is the primary reason why developers consider Framer over the competitors, whereas "Collaborative" was stated as the key factor in picking InVision.
Framer is an open source tool with 5.45K GitHub stars and 506 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Framer's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, InVision has a broader approval, being mentioned in 991 company stacks & 363 developers stacks; compared to Framer, which is listed in 27 company stacks and 12 developer stacks.
What is Framer?
What is InVision?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Framer?
What are the cons of using InVision?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I really like InVision. They're great for dumping a bunch of sketches on and showing someone else your ideas super easily. I highly recommend them for prototyping apps (plus they work on mobile!).
We use zeplin as an interface between designers, developers and stakeholders for sharing, improving and discussing designs
[$99 One time purchase] We are currently learning Framer.js so that we can improve our rapid prototyping capabilites.
Mainly for the Mobile Application. Invision is an awesome tool for fast prototyping, especially on mobile devices.
Since we are fully distributed team, we must use these kinds of tools for collaboration. This one is used for UI/UX
Another way we help show you from the very beginning what things may look like, and make changes accordingly.