Framer vs Material: What are the differences?
Framer and Material can be primarily classified as "Mobile Prototyping & Interaction Design" tools.
Some of the features offered by Framer are:
- Generate assets out of Photoshop to set up new projects.
- Animate any layer in 3D space with spring physics and bezier curves.
- Hardware accelerated for high frame rates, based on CSS transforms.
On the other hand, Material provides the following key features:
- Fully Configurable UI Components
- Grid System For Complex UIs
- Layout Library To Simplify AutoLayout
Framer and Material are both open source tools. Material with 11K GitHub stars and 1.21K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Framer with 5.45K GitHub stars and 506 GitHub forks.
Facebook, Dropbox, and Twitter are some of the popular companies that use Framer, whereas Material is used by Pardel Technologies, Working Minds, and Contratobook. Framer has a broader approval, being mentioned in 27 company stacks & 12 developers stacks; compared to Material, which is listed in 8 company stacks and 8 developer stacks.