HubPress vs Structr: What are the differences?
HubPress: A web application to build your blog on GitHub. HubPress is a free, open source tool to build your future awesome blog!; Structr: Award-winning Open-Source Data CMS based on Neo4j. Structr (pronounce it like 'structure') is a Java framework for mobile and web applications based on the graph database Neo4j. It was designed to simplify the creation of complex graph database applications by providing a comprehensive Java API and a set of features common to most use cases. This enables developers to build a sophisticated web or mobile app based on Neo4j within hours.
HubPress and Structr can be categorized as "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" tools.
Some of the features offered by HubPress are:
- All you need is a free GitHub account, no server's rent, no subscription.
- Fork the hubpress.io repository, update the config file and it's done, your Blog is ready.
- We integrated Disqus, all you need to start conversations with your readers is a Disqus shortname.
On the other hand, Structr provides the following key features:
- Security and Access Control
- Data modeling without programming
- Graph-based Page Rendering Engine
HubPress and Structr are both open source tools. HubPress with 2.85K GitHub stars and 3K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Structr with 555 GitHub stars and 129 GitHub forks.