Joyent Cloud vs WebFaction: What are the differences?
Joyent Cloud: Cloud Infrastructure for Real-time Web and Mobile Applications. Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company, offering the only solution specifically built to power real-time web and mobile applications; WebFaction: Hosting for developers: full shell access to fast servers with all your favorite tools pre-installed and maintained for you. No need to spend hours installing and configuring the software, database and other tools. We have over 50 one-click installers in our control panel.
Joyent Cloud and WebFaction belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Joyent Cloud are:
- Joyent offers exclusive debugging and performance analysis tools for Node.js applications.
- High-performance machines- Joyent Cloud uses fresh Nehalem/Westmere processors and 15k RPM HDs in our data centers. I/O throttling ensures that “noisy neighbors” won’t cause your application to perform poorly.
- Dynamic CPU scaling- Dynamic, real-time CPU scaling. Vertical bursting CPU capacity without user intervention or additional fees.
On the other hand, WebFaction provides the following key features:
- 100GB diskspace, RAID-10 setup
- 512MB application RAM
- Free RAM for web and database servers
"High-performance" is the top reason why over 3 developers like Joyent Cloud, while over 2 developers mention "Cost effective" as the leading cause for choosing WebFaction.