Netflix Dispatch vs PagerDuty: What are the differences?
What is Netflix Dispatch? Open-source crisis management framework (By Netflix). It manages security incidents by deeply integrating with existing tools used throughout an organization (Slack, GSuite, Jira, etc.,) It is able to leverage the existing familiarity of these tools to provide orchestration instead of introducing another tool.
What is PagerDuty? Incident management with powerful visibility, reliable alerting, and improved collaboration. PagerDuty is an alarm aggregation and dispatching service for system administrators and support teams. It collects alerts from your monitoring tools, gives you an overall view of all of your monitoring alarms, and alerts an on duty engineer if there's a problem.
Netflix Dispatch and PagerDuty belong to "Monitoring Aggregation" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Netflix Dispatch are:
- Manage incidents
- Integration with existing tools(Slack, GSuite, Jira, etc.,)
- Sending out notifications
On the other hand, PagerDuty provides the following key features:
- Alerting that works (and wakes you up)- When your systems go down, PagerDuty will wake you up. You choose how you want to be alerted - via phone, SMS or email, to multiple numbers, with retries.
- Integrate all your existing monitoring tools- PagerDuty works great with almost all monitoring tools including: Nagios (and Icinga), Keynote, New Relic, Pingdom, Circonus, Red Gate SQL Monitor, Server Density, Zenoss, Monit, Munin, SolarWinds and many others. If it can send email, it will work with PagerDuty.
- Native apps with push notifications- iOS and Android native apps with push notifications and a cross-platform mobile website ensure you can respond to alerts wherever you are, even on the go.
Netflix Dispatch is an open source tool with 1.08K GitHub stars and 60 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Netflix Dispatch's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Netflix Dispatch?
What is PagerDuty?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Netflix Dispatch?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Netflix Dispatch?
What companies use Netflix Dispatch?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Pagerduty integrates with pretty much everything, and for the ones it doesn't its easy to get it done!
whistles If there's something weird, in your infrastructure, who you gonna call?
DevOps-Buste.. You get the idea. PagerDuty is great for quickly notifying us when things go pearshaped.
Luckily we don't end up actually using this much, but we couldn't live without it.
alerts me to any issues and blends well with other tools for uptime monitoring