Pingdom vs StillAlive: What are the differences?
What is Pingdom? Uptime and performance monitoring made easy. Pingdom is an uptime monitoring service. When problems happen with a site that Pingdom monitors, it immediately alerts the owner so the problem can be taken care of.
What is StillAlive? A simple, easy to implement way to check that your website is up, and also that it's still working properly. Using our stories feature, you can test many different features of your live, production website. It could be you need to find out if logins are working. Whatever it is, StillAlive can (or will) be able to test it.
Pingdom and StillAlive can be primarily classified as "Website Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Pingdom are:
- Uptime & Response time reports
- Multi-step transaction monitoring
- Email, text & twitter alerts
On the other hand, StillAlive provides the following key features:
- Nothing to install- All you need to do is create a script that mimics the behaviour path you want to have us test.
- Make sure your site works as expected- StillAlive doesn't just ping your website to see if it is online. It mimics the actual behaviour of your users, viewing your site as your users would and navigating around doing real stuff. So don't just make sure your website is responding with a 200 OK, make sure your shopping cart works, or that users can log in.
- High Availability- StillAlive helps you make sure your application is online, 24x7.
What is Pingdom?
What is StillAlive?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose StillAlive?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using StillAlive?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Great service, gives me piece of mind. One thing I really don't like: they set the default notification downtime to 2 min or greater. I missed a total of 13 minutes of downtime for our blog over a three month period back before we moved it over to the rails app because there was basically one minute here, one minute there. I was pretty angry when I found out they weren't notifying me. But then I realized that it probably makes sense. But they should be more transparent and make it clear that there is a 2 minute window when you first set up alerts.
Pingdom is a tool I use close to deployment of new apps or sites and periodically used to check the health of an app or site over time. The analysis of request times, assets and more is second to none.
For making sure everything is up, and telling us when it's not. We tested a few services and pingdom is still the quickest to recognise downtime.
Monitoring for Coolfront Mobile, Coolfront Agreements and Coolfront Books. Alerts Coolfront IT team when systems can not be reached.