RAML vs Runscope: What are the differences?
Developers describe RAML as "RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing". RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. It's concise - you only write what you need to define - and reusable. It is machine readable API design that is actually human friendly. On the other hand, Runscope is detailed as "API Performance Monitoring". Keep tabs on all aspects of your API's performance with uptime monitoring, integration testing, logging and real-time monitoring.
RAML and Runscope belong to "API Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by RAML are:
- Create and pull in namespaced, reusable libraries, containing data types
- Annotations let you add vendor specific functionality without compromising your spec
- Traits and resource Types let you take advantage of code reuse and design patterns
On the other hand, Runscope provides the following key features:
- Runscope Radar: Automatically monitor your APIs from around the globe. Integrates with PagerDuty, New Relic Insights, Keen IO, HipChat, Slack and more. Test complete API workflows with powerful assertions and notifications.
- Runscope Metrics: API performance and usage reports.
- Runscope API Traffic Inspector: Log and view API calls from any language or framework to any API to solve integration problems.
"API Specification" is the top reason why over 9 developers like RAML, while over 15 developers mention "Great features" as the leading cause for choosing Runscope.
Fitbit, Twilio, and Olo are some of the popular companies that use Runscope, whereas RAML is used by Taboola, ikusei, and Anchnet. Runscope has a broader approval, being mentioned in 38 company stacks & 7 developers stacks; compared to RAML, which is listed in 9 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
What is RAML?
What is Runscope?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using RAML?
What are the cons of using Runscope?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Used Runscope for monitoring API uptime and data validation in context of the Harald beacon platform.