Reviewable vs Scrutinizer: What are the differences?
Developers describe Reviewable as "GitHub code reviews done right". A code review tool for GitHub pull requests inspired by Google's internal tool. Powerful diffing and workflow features wrapped in a beautiful UI, with seamless GitHub integration. Free for public repos. On the other hand, Scrutinizer is detailed as "Continuous inspection platform - improve code quality and find bugs before they hit production". Scrutinizer is a continuous inspection platform helping you to create better software.
Reviewable and Scrutinizer can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Reviewable are:
- See only what changed since last time you looked (even if rebased).
- Instantly diff any two revisions of a file, in one or two columns.
- Customize code font, syntax highlighting, max line length.
On the other hand, Scrutinizer provides the following key features:
- Continuously measure and track your code quality
- Project quality broken down
- Know your problem areas
"Batch commenting" is the primary reason why developers consider Reviewable over the competitors, whereas "Github integration / sync" was stated as the key factor in picking Scrutinizer.