Scout vs Skylight: What are the differences?
Scout: Application Monitoring that Developers Love. Scout is application monitoring that points developers right to the source of problems: N+1 database queries, memory bloat, performance trends, and more Scout eliminates much of the investigation part when performance woes occur. ; Skylight: The smart profiler for your Rails apps. Skylight is a smart profiler for your Rails apps that visualizes request performance across all of your servers.
Scout and Skylight can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Scout are:
- Monitors Ruby & Elixir apps with more languages to come
- Easy install
- Detailed transaction traces
On the other hand, Skylight provides the following key features:
- Skylight looks at how your code is behaving in production, alerting you to improvements you can make before they become showstoppers.
- Skylight tells you exactly how your app is spending its time where it matters most—in your production environment
- Pricing starts at $20 for the first million requests, with automatic discounts for high-volume customers
"Easy setup" is the top reason why over 9 developers like Scout, while over 10 developers mention "Beautiful UI" as the leading cause for choosing Skylight.
StackShare, Inside.com, and Firecracker are some of the popular companies that use Skylight, whereas Scout is used by Binary.com, Rollbar, and Publitas. Skylight has a broader approval, being mentioned in 39 company stacks & 5 developers stacks; compared to Scout, which is listed in 29 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.