TempoDB vs TrueVault: What are the differences?
What is TempoDB? Store & analyze time series data from sensors, smart meters, servers & more. TempoDB is the first database service for time series data (ex: measuring thermostat temperatures, network latencies, heart rates). Time series is a unique Big Data problem that breaks traditional databases (MySQL, MongoDB, etc). Today, businesses spend months and millions attempting to build solutions to manage all this data and yet still fail to store as much as they need or analyze it effectively. TempoDB is a purpose-built database service that enables businesses to store and analyze massive streams of time series data, so they can learn from the past, understand the present, and predict the future.
What is TrueVault? HIPAA compliant Database as a Service. TrueVault was built to help startups simplify the complexities of HIPAA. TrueVault will save you hundreds of dev hours. Focus on building your software's core functionality, and let TrueVault protect your data at HIPAA-security levels.
TempoDB and TrueVault can be categorized as "SQL Database as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by TempoDB are:
- Flexible, powerful API
- Store as much high resolution (1 ms max) time series data as you need for long range historical analysis
- We guarantee data availability and protect against loss by replicating each live datapoint 3x and using geographically distributed backup environments
On the other hand, TrueVault provides the following key features:
- HIPAA Compliant - We handle all of the technical requirements mandated by the HIPAA Security Rule. Typical integration takes days and saves months of dev time.
- Built for Developers- Store and search protected health information (PHI) in any file format with a simple RESTful API. No pre-defined schemas to follow.
- BAA + Insurance - TrueVault will sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), and protects customers under a comprehensive Privacy/Data Breach insurance policy.