What is Uptime Robot?
Uptime Robot is all about helping you to keep your websites up. It monitors your websites every 5 minutes and alerts you if your sites are down.
Uptime Robot is a tool in the Website Monitoring category of a tech stack.
Who uses Uptime Robot?
61 companies use Uptime Robot in their tech stacks, including Geocodio, Avenue.io, and kwk.
22 developers use Uptime Robot.
Why developers like Uptime Robot?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Uptime Robot
Uptime Robot Reviews
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Uptime Robot in their tech stack.
Uptime Robot's features
- http(s): that's perfect for website monitoring. The service regularly sends requests (which are the same as if a visitor is browsing your website) to the URL and decides if it is up or down depending on the HTTP statuses returned from the website (200-success, 404-not found, etc.)
- ping: this is good for monitoring a server. Ping (ICMP) requests are sent and up/down status is decided according to the "if responses are received or not". Ping is not a good fit for monitoring websites as a website (its IP) can respond to ping requests while it is down (which means that the site is down but the server hosting the site is up)
- keyword: checks if a keyword exists or not exists in a web page
- port: good for monitoring services like smtp, dns, pop as all these services run from a specific port and Uptime Robot decides their statuses if they respond to the requests or not.
Uptime Robot Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Uptime Robot?
See all alternatives
Monitoring a website is one thing – finding the best way to alert you to downtime another. At StatusCake we give you as many options as possible to decide when & how often you’re contacted. Whether it’s by email, SMS, push notifications for iOS & Android or integration with third party apps including Zapier and PagerDuty – you decide how you want to be alerted and when!
Pingdom is an uptime monitoring service. When problems happen with a site that Pingdom monitors, it immediately alerts the owner so the problem can be taken care of.
updown is an online service that checks your website's status by periodically sending an HTTP HEAD request to the URL of your choice. It then notifies you by email or sms when your website is not responding correctly.
Oh Dear! is an easy way to track the uptime & SSL health for your websites & apps. It's website monitoring without the hassle. Multi-location uptime monitoring, mixed content detection and SSL certificate & transparency reporting. There's an API and kick-ass documentation too.
Fyipe gives you a beautiful and customisable status page for your online business which helps improve transparency with your customers and cuts support costs. We also monitors your website, web apps, API's and more and alerts your team via call, SMS and email when downtime happens.
Uptime Robot's Stats
- No public GitHub repository available -