What is Appium?
Who uses Appium?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Appium in their tech stack.
Looking for some advice: we are planning to create a hybrid app for both iOS and Android; this app will consume a REST API. We are looking for a tool for this development with the following attributes:
Shallow learning curve; easiness to adopt (all team is new into mobile development, with diverse backgrounds: Java, Python & AngularJS),
Easiness to test (we discarded Angular-based tools already: creating a unit test in Angular we considered time-consuming and low value. At this point of the project, we cannot afford UI testing with Selenium/Appium based tools).
So far, we are not considering any specific capability of the device. Still, in the mid/long term, we would require the usage of GPS (geolocalization) and accelerometer (not sure if it's possible to use it from a hybrid app). Suggest any other tool if you wish.
I want to I am doing mobile automation using Appium, Java, Testng. I have working framework and now I am evaluating the which cloud technology to be used. any recommendation.
My main concern is:
- Browser support - Desktop - needs to support Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Microsoft Edge (minimum)
- Browser support - Mobile - Safari and Chrome (minimum)
- App - Android and iOS
If possible i would like to avoid using another tool for mobile (like Appium)
What do you use? What is the one you recommend (even another from the ones mentioned)
Thank you very much for your help!
Jobs that mention Appium as a desired skillset
- Works on native and hybrid mobile apps
- Write mobile tests using any language or framework
- Open source
- Facilitates mobile continuous integration
- Mobile test automation tool
- Cross-platform (iOS, Android)
- Framework based on Selenium