Aerobatic vs MongoDB Stitch: What are the differences?
Aerobatic: Smart Hosting for Single Page Apps. In a nutshell, it's a platform as a service (PaaS) for HTML5 web apps. You could think of it as Heroku for the front-end. It provides a streamlined developer workflow and a suite of cloud-based smart hosting modules that are highly complementary to your custom app code running in the browser; MongoDB Stitch: Backend as a Service for web and mobile applications. MongoDB Stitch lets developers focus on building applications rather than on managing data manipulation code, service integration, or backend infrastructure. Stitch lets you focus on building the app users want, not on writing boilerplate backend logic.
Aerobatic and MongoDB Stitch can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Aerobatic are:
- Build feature-rich HTML 5 single page apps in the cloud
- Enhanced integration, performance, and security over static apps
- Built-in asset delivery optimization
On the other hand, MongoDB Stitch provides the following key features:
- REST API to MongoDB Atlas
- Declarative data access controls
- Service integrations (AWS S3, Twilio...)