Amazon SES vs SparkPost: What are the differences?
Amazon SES: Bulk and transactional email-sending service. Amazon SES eliminates the complexity and expense of building an in-house email solution or licensing, installing, and operating a third-party email service. The service integrates with other AWS services, making it easy to send emails from applications being hosted on services such as Amazon EC2; SparkPost: Email Delivery and Analytics for Developers and Enterprises. SparkPost is the world’s #1 email delivery provider. We empower companies with actionable, real-time data to send relevant email to their customers which increases engagement and both top and bottom line revenue.
Amazon SES and SparkPost belong to "Transactional Email" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Amazon SES are:
- Simple – Amazon SES eliminates the complexity of licensing, installing, and operating a third-party service, or building and maintaining an internally hosted email solution. Sending email through Amazon SES is as simple as using SMTP or calling an API, and Amazon SES makes it easy for you to monitor your sending activity and deliverability statistics.
- Inexpensive – There are no up-front fees or fixed expenses with Amazon SES, and you benefit from the efficiencies of Amazon’s scale. Your only costs are low charges for the number of emails sent and data transfer fees.
- Reliable – Amazon SES runs within Amazon’s proven network infrastructure and datacenters. All outgoing email messages are stored redundantly across multiple servers and datacenters, providing high availability and data durability.
On the other hand, SparkPost provides the following key features:
- Quick and easy SMTP or REST API integration
- Free trial
- Real-time & predictive analytics
"Reliable" is the primary reason why developers consider Amazon SES over the competitors, whereas "I could start sending real emails in less than 5 mins" was stated as the key factor in picking SparkPost.
Netflix, Medium, and Stripe are some of the popular companies that use Amazon SES, whereas SparkPost is used by Pinterest, Dial Once, and DocEngage. Amazon SES has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1291 company stacks & 284 developers stacks; compared to SparkPost, which is listed in 49 company stacks and 14 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon SES?
What is SparkPost?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions