Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Apigee vs Appwrite: What are the differences?
Developers describe Apigee as "Intelligent and complete API platform". API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world. On the other hand, Appwrite is detailed as "End to end backend server for frontend and mobile developers". It is a development platform, providing you with easy and beautiful APIs and advanced console, which simplify the development and maintenance workflow, allowing you and your team to focus on building great products.
Apigee and Appwrite belong to "API Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, Appwrite provides the following key features:
- Cuts up to 70% of the time and costs required for building a modern application
- Fast and secure
- Store, query and manage access control to your app documents
Appwrite is an open source tool with 64 GitHub stars and 10 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Appwrite's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of Apigee
- Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform12
- Quick jumpstart6
- Good documentation5
- Fast and adjustable caching3
- Easy to use3
Pros of Appwrite
- Great UI9
- 100% open source7
- Easy to setup6
- End to end solution5
- Consistency across platforms4
- Easy to use3
- Small learning curve3
- Predictable REST API3
- Accelerate app development3
- Simplicity first attitude3
- Credit Card Avatar2
- Built-in file encryption1
- Auto SSL certificate generator1
- Lot of security features1
- Built-in file scanner1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Apigee
- Doesn't support hybrid natively1