Appcelerator vs Kinvey: What are the differences?
Developers describe Appcelerator as "Build network-connected mobile applications across native platforms and the web". Appcelerator is the first mobile platform to combine the flexibility of open source development technologies with the power of cloud services. On the other hand, Kinvey is detailed as "Cloud Backend as a Service for any app". Kinvey makes it ridiculously easy for developers to setup, use and operate a cloud backend for their mobile apps. They don't have to worry about connecting to various cloud services, setting up servers for their backend, or maintaining and scaling them.
Appcelerator and Kinvey belong to "Mobile Backend" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Appcelerator are:
- Library of over 20 pre-built common services that are both proven and robust, to reduce integration time and risk, services such as push notification, status updates, photo storage, and social integration, or create your own custom cloud services.
- Client-side APIs for any development platform (e.g. Titanium, iOS SDK, Android SDK)
- Extensibility enabling you to build your own custom cloud application development services in Node.js on the Appcelerator cloud for all your mobile apps.
On the other hand, Kinvey provides the following key features:
- User Management- Add any number of users, using the authentication systems of your choice.
- Business Logic- Kinvey's custom business logic allows you to host your code in our cloud.
- Data Storage- Instantly and securely sync data between your app and Kinvey backend.
"Easy to learn" is the top reason why over 3 developers like Appcelerator, while over 2 developers mention "Easy setup" as the leading cause for choosing Kinvey.