AWS CodeDeploy vs Cloud9 IDE: What are the differences?
What is AWS CodeDeploy? Coordinate application deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates code deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy makes it easier for you to rapidly release new features, helps you avoid downtime during deployment, and handles the complexity of updating your applications.
AWS CodeDeploy and Cloud9 IDE are primarily classified as "Deployment as a Service" and "Cloud IDE" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeDeploy are:
- AWS CodeDeploy fully automates your code deployments, allowing you to deploy reliably and rapidly
- AWS CodeDeploy helps maximize your application availability by performing rolling updates across your Amazon EC2 instances and tracking application health according to configurable rules
- AWS CodeDeploy allows you to easily launch and track the status of your deployments through the AWS Management Console or the AWS CLI
On the other hand, Cloud9 IDE provides the following key features:
- Real-time collaboration and chat
- Connect via SSH and FTP
- Code Completion (suggestions)
"Automates code deployments" is the top reason why over 15 developers like AWS CodeDeploy, while over 105 developers mention "Easy to use" as the leading cause for choosing Cloud9 IDE.
Algorithmia, Adsia, and Eventtus are some of the popular companies that use AWS CodeDeploy, whereas Cloud9 IDE is used by LinkedIn, Heroku, and Salesforce. AWS CodeDeploy has a broader approval, being mentioned in 58 company stacks & 15 developers stacks; compared to Cloud9 IDE, which is listed in 29 company stacks and 40 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS CodeDeploy?
What is Cloud9 IDE?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions