AWS CodeDeploy vs GitBucket: What are the differences?
AWS CodeDeploy: Coordinate application deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates code deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy makes it easier for you to rapidly release new features, helps you avoid downtime during deployment, and handles the complexity of updating your applications; GitBucket: The easily installable Github clone powered by Scala. GitBucket provides a Github-like UI and features such as Git repository hosting via HTTP and SSH, repository viewer, issues, wiki and pull request.
AWS CodeDeploy and GitBucket are primarily classified as "Deployment as a Service" and "Code Collaboration & Version Control" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeDeploy are:
- AWS CodeDeploy fully automates your code deployments, allowing you to deploy reliably and rapidly
- AWS CodeDeploy helps maximize your application availability by performing rolling updates across your Amazon EC2 instances and tracking application health according to configurable rules
- AWS CodeDeploy allows you to easily launch and track the status of your deployments through the AWS Management Console or the AWS CLI
On the other hand, GitBucket provides the following key features:
- Public / Private Git repository (http and ssh access)
- Repository viewer and online file editing
- Repository search (Code and Issues)
"Automates code deployments" is the top reason why over 15 developers like AWS CodeDeploy, while over 7 developers mention "Self hosted" as the leading cause for choosing GitBucket.
GitBucket is an open source tool with 7.73K GitHub stars and 1.06K GitHub forks. Here's a link to GitBucket's open source repository on GitHub.
Algorithmia, Adsia, and Eventtus are some of the popular companies that use AWS CodeDeploy, whereas GitBucket is used by 8ack GmbH, Koch Essen Kommunikation + Design GmbH, and DairyWindow. AWS CodeDeploy has a broader approval, being mentioned in 58 company stacks & 15 developers stacks; compared to GitBucket, which is listed in 3 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
What is AWS CodeDeploy?
What is GitBucket?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using AWS CodeDeploy?
What are the cons of using GitBucket?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
A great, easy and powerful git repository.
Doing thinks well, and fast growing