AWS CodeDeploy vs Scrutinizer: What are the differences?
What is AWS CodeDeploy? Coordinate application deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates code deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy makes it easier for you to rapidly release new features, helps you avoid downtime during deployment, and handles the complexity of updating your applications.
What is Scrutinizer? Continuous inspection platform - improve code quality and find bugs before they hit production. Scrutinizer is a continuous inspection platform helping you to create better software.
AWS CodeDeploy can be classified as a tool in the "Deployment as a Service" category, while Scrutinizer is grouped under "Code Review".
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeDeploy are:
- AWS CodeDeploy fully automates your code deployments, allowing you to deploy reliably and rapidly
- AWS CodeDeploy helps maximize your application availability by performing rolling updates across your Amazon EC2 instances and tracking application health according to configurable rules
- AWS CodeDeploy allows you to easily launch and track the status of your deployments through the AWS Management Console or the AWS CLI
On the other hand, Scrutinizer provides the following key features:
- Continuously measure and track your code quality
- Project quality broken down
- Know your problem areas
"Automates code deployments" is the primary reason why developers consider AWS CodeDeploy over the competitors, whereas "Github integration / sync" was stated as the key factor in picking Scrutinizer.
Algorithmia, Adsia, and Eventtus are some of the popular companies that use AWS CodeDeploy, whereas Scrutinizer is used by TheIconic, LinkORB, and OSInet. AWS CodeDeploy has a broader approval, being mentioned in 58 company stacks & 15 developers stacks; compared to Scrutinizer, which is listed in 17 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.