AWS Elastic Beanstalk vs Azure Websites: What are the differences?
AWS Elastic Beanstalk: Quickly deploy and manage applications in the AWS cloud. Once you upload your application, Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and application health monitoring; Azure Websites: Deploy and scale modern websites and web apps in seconds. Azure Websites is a fully managed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables you to build, deploy and scale enterprise-grade web Apps in seconds. Focus on your application code, and let Azure take care of the infrastructure to scale and securely run it for you.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Azure Websites can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS Elastic Beanstalk are:
- Elastic Beanstalk is built using familiar software stacks such as the Apache HTTP Server for Node.js, PHP and Python, Passenger for Ruby, IIS 7.5 for .NET, and Apache Tomcat for Java
- There is no additional charge for Elastic Beanstalk - you pay only for the AWS resources needed to store and run your applications.
- Easy to begin – Elastic Beanstalk is a quick and simple way to deploy your application to AWS. You simply use the AWS Management Console, Git deployment, or an integrated development environment (IDE) such as Eclipse or Visual Studio to upload your application
On the other hand, Azure Websites provides the following key features:
- .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python
- Built-in AutoScale and Load Balancing
- High Availability with Auto-Patching
"Integrates with other aws services" is the top reason why over 74 developers like AWS Elastic Beanstalk, while over 14 developers mention "Ease of deployment" as the leading cause for choosing Azure Websites.
According to the StackShare community, AWS Elastic Beanstalk has a broader approval, being mentioned in 374 company stacks & 118 developers stacks; compared to Azure Websites, which is listed in 73 company stacks and 36 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS Elastic Beanstalk?
What is Azure Websites?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions