Azure DevOps vs Jest: What are the differences?
Some of the features offered by Azure DevOps are:
- Agile Tools: kanban boards, backlogs, scrum boards
- Reporting: dashboards, widgets, Power BI
- Git: free private repositories, pull requests
On the other hand, Jest provides the following key features:
- Familiar Approach: Built on top of the Jasmine test framework, using familiar expect(value).toBe(other) assertions
- Mock by Default: Automatically mocks CommonJS modules returned by require(), making most existing code testable
- Short Feedback Loop: DOM APIs are mocked and tests run in parallel via a small node.js command line utility
"Complete and powerful" is the primary reason why developers consider Azure DevOps over the competitors, whereas "Open source" was stated as the key factor in picking Jest.
Jest is an open source tool with 26.4K GitHub stars and 3.57K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Jest's open source repository on GitHub.
Airbnb, Facebook, and Instagram are some of the popular companies that use Jest, whereas Azure DevOps is used by Schlumberger, Poq, and simplement-e. Jest has a broader approval, being mentioned in 273 company stacks & 161 developers stacks; compared to Azure DevOps, which is listed in 79 company stacks and 68 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Azure DevOps?
What is Jest?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions