bitHound vs PullReview: What are the differences?
What is bitHound? Continuous analysis for Node.js projects. Identify risks and priorities in your dependencies and code. With faster deployment cycles, a hundred competing priorities and tight deadlines to juggle– your team has a lot on their plate. Uncover and focus on the critical issues impacting your team, avoid software pitfalls and ship with confidence.
What is PullReview? Automated code review for Ruby and Rails developers. PullReview helps Ruby and Rails developers to develop new features cleanly, on-time, and with confidence by automatically reviewing their code.
bitHound and PullReview belong to "Code Review" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by bitHound are:
- Do you know when your third party dependencies are at risk? bitHound gives you insight into the insecure, deprecated, outdated and unused packages impacting your software.
- We analyze your code to help your team determine where focus is needed. Understand the mechanical issues impacting your codebase, reduce complexity and clutter, and gain insights that go beyond the command line with bitHound.
- Whether it's formal issue management or the team's pending tech debt, it's important to get on top of these issues. bitHound offers an improved understanding of how the team is performing together and whether or not items are being left behind.
On the other hand, PullReview provides the following key features:
- Review on feature branches
- Review on integrations branches
"Automatic dependency analysis" is the top reason why over 4 developers like bitHound, while over 17 developers mention "Very detailed review of my code" as the leading cause for choosing PullReview.
What is bitHound?
What is PullReview?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using bitHound?
What are the cons of using PullReview?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
PullReview is an amazing tool to improve your workflow by doing code review without having to intervene. Just push your feature branches and wait for the review to finish. This ensures you don't have to stop coding while you reap the benefits of spotting mistakes or code that needs a refactor before it is merged.
The team is helpful, responds quickly and knows their stuff. Give it a go!
I liked how fast it all went with installing Pull Review and also that in a glance I know on which part I still have to work to become better. Last but not least, responsiveness is one of the team's strength: whenever you'd need help or have a question, they'll reply in no time. Totally recommended!
Very helpful code review. Team very quick to respond to issues problems.