Blitline vs imgix: What are the differences?
What is Blitline? Image processing in the cloud (cropping, rotating, compositing, filtering). Blitline drastically reduces the amount of work you need to develop an application that does any image processing. Stop rebuilding the same image processing functionality, let us do it for much less than it would cost you to make and support it. Pay for only the image processing time that your jobs use. We believe your images should be YOUR images. We also believe that you should never be "locked in" to using Blitline. The flexibility of the JSON API means you could stub out Blitline later without ever touching your production/deployed code.
What is imgix? Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs.
Blitline and imgix can be categorized as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Blitline are:
- Industrial Strength- If you are a website that needs to manipulate large numbers of photos, Blitline is your economical solution.
- Convenient- If you are importing photos from an external service and need to crop, thumbnail, or process them, we are your answer.
- Versatile- Screenshots, PDFs, animated GIFs, obscure image formats, we are your one stop shop for all of these.
On the other hand, imgix provides the following key features:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.