Blue Ocean vs Snap CI: What are the differences?
Blue Ocean: A reboot of the Jenkins CI/CD User Experience. Designed from the ground up for Jenkins Pipeline and compatible with Freestyle jobs, Blue Ocean reduces clutter and increases clarity for every member of your team; Snap CI: Build, test, and deploy software faster with Snap's continuous integration and deployment tool. Snap CI is a cloud-based continuous integration & continuous deployment tool with powerful deployment pipelines. Integrates seamlessly with GitHub and provides fast feedback so you can deploy with ease.
Blue Ocean and Snap CI can be categorized as "Continuous Integration" tools.
Some of the features offered by Blue Ocean are:
- Sophisticated visualizations of CD pipelines, allowing for fast and intuitive comprehension of software pipeline status.
- Pipeline editor (In Development) that makes automating CD pipelines approachable by guiding the user through an intuitive and visual process to create a pipeline.
- Personalization of the Jenkins UI to suit the role-based needs of each member of the DevOps team.
On the other hand, Snap CI provides the following key features:
- Deployment Options - Heroku, AWS
- System Libraries - Your build runs on a RedHat 6-compatible system with commonly required libraries
- Customization Options - In addition to all that we support out of the box, we offer you the chance to customize your build extensively.
"Beautiful interface" is the primary reason why developers consider Blue Ocean over the competitors, whereas "Github integration" was stated as the key factor in picking Snap CI.
Blue Ocean is an open source tool with 2.49K GitHub stars and 435 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Blue Ocean's open source repository on GitHub.
CityLiv, Nexus National Security Network, and iCodeBetter are some of the popular companies that use Blue Ocean, whereas Snap CI is used by Hazeorid, Elerna, and Firecracker. Blue Ocean has a broader approval, being mentioned in 4 company stacks & 10 developers stacks; compared to Snap CI, which is listed in 7 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.