Braintree vs Spreedly: What are the differences?
Braintree: Accept payments in your app or website today. Braintree replaces traditional payment gateways and merchant accounts. From one touch payments, to mobile SDKs and international sales, we provide everything you need to start accepting payments today; Spreedly: Spreedly scales payments. Spreedly targets developers who are working on services where scaling payments is critical to success. Vault Credit Cards away from the gateways. Work with one or more payment gateways at the time time or simultaneously.
Braintree and Spreedly can be primarily classified as "Payment Services" tools.
Some of the features offered by Braintree are:
- Simple pricing with no minimums- Pay only for what you use, with no minimum monthly volume, at the simple US pricing rate of 2.9% + $.30 per transaction.
- An API developers love- Integrate your app with our API over a cup of coffee.
- We support your business model- Subscriptions or one-off, mobile or web, local or global, our platform adapts.
On the other hand, Spreedly provides the following key features:
- Vault Credit Card Data- A gateway agnostic PCI compliant vault
- 47 Supported Gateways- Work with multiple gateways simultaneously or over time
- Simple, Straightforward API Integration- Spreedly was built by developers for developers. Our goal: to make things simple. You don't have to take our word for it - get started for free.
What is Braintree?
What is Spreedly?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Spreedly?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Spreedly?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I had the opportunity to integrate Braintree as a new gateway on a project I worked on last year (RoR project), the change from PayPal to Braintree was smooth and now it's really easy to maintain. The documentation for the API was super easy to follow. Really enjoyed using Braintree.
Braintree handles recurring credit card and Paypal payments for healthchecks.io. We liked the extensive developer documentation, the language-specific libraries and the friendly, timely communication from Braintree.
Gotta take the money, might as well take it in style and on all devices without too much headache. Oh and we use the fraud prevention tools.
Braintree is effectively the only good billing PaaS for Eastern European companies.