BrowserStack vs Ghost Inspector: What are the differences?
What is BrowserStack? Instant access to a lab of 1000+ real mobile and desktop browsers for testing. Live, Web-Based Browser Testing Instant access to all real mobile and desktop browsers. Say goodbye to your lab of devices and virtual machines.
What is Ghost Inspector? Automated website testing. Record yourself browsing once. Replay it continuously from the cloud. Ghost Inspector lets you create and manage UI tests that check specific functionality in your website or application. We execute these automated browser tests continuously from the cloud and alert you if anything breaks.
BrowserStack can be classified as a tool in the "Browser Testing" category, while Ghost Inspector is grouped under "In-Browser Testing".
Some of the features offered by BrowserStack are:
- Real Device Cloud. Test on a range of physical Android and iOS mobile devices and tablets for the most accurate results
- 1100+ desktop browsers. Latest versions of IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and more on a range of Windows and OS X platforms on a robust cloud infrastructure
- Test dev environments. Our Local Testing feature allows you to test development and internal websites seamlessly, without setup or configuration
On the other hand, Ghost Inspector provides the following key features:
- Automated browser testing from the cloud
- Chrome extension for test recording
- GUI editor for test building and editing
"Multiple browsers" is the top reason why over 121 developers like BrowserStack, while over 2 developers mention "Simple test editor" as the leading cause for choosing Ghost Inspector.