BugHerd vs TrackDuck: What are the differences?
Developers describe BugHerd as "Simple issue tracking for web developers". BugHerd embeds directly into a website so bugs are flagged and managed visually without the need to fill out lengthy forms. BugHerd also lets your client and stakeholders log bugs visually right from within your website or web application. They never have to switch into another app, and it’s easier and faster than sending an email. On the other hand, TrackDuck is detailed as "Visual feedback for websites and designs". TrackDuck covers all your feedback needs: from mockups to live websites. Give feedback and highlight issues on any existing website in seconds.
BugHerd and TrackDuck are primarily classified as "Bug Reporting" and "Visual Collaboration" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by BugHerd are:
- Access your task list directly on your website.- BugHerd embeds a sidebar on websites that you're working on, letting you view and manage your tasks without needing to constantly switch tabs.
- See exactly what your client sees.- With our optional browser extensions, you can capture annotated screenshots of exactly what your client sees. No more collecting screenshots in Word docs!
- BugHerd works with your existing tools.- Enhance your existing workflow by integrating BugHerd with the project management and customer support apps you already use.
On the other hand, TrackDuck provides the following key features:
- Add comments on live websites
- Getting screenshots of issues
- Collect visual feedback from site visitors